If you work on a yacht, you should be aware about the risks that come with water activities. Your guest’s and colleague’s life could depend on your skills and preparation.
Every second can be vital and only a well organized teamwork can ward off tragedy in many cases.The ability to carry out first aid before paramedics arrive can really minimise damage to the victim, help aid their recovery and even ensure their survival.
Do you really know how to react in an emergency situation?
Are you and your colleagues prepared to save a life? Think about
how you would answer the questions below:
• Does everybody on board know exactly where the first aid kit is and how to use it?
• Do you know how to effectively perform CPR and use a defibrillator?
• When is it necessary to provide emergency oxygen?
• Do you remember how to revive a person experiencing a breathing or heart function emergency?
• Did you know that after approximately three to five minutes in cardiac arrest, irreversible brain/tissue damage may begin to occur?
• What’s your reaction time in a cardiac arrest emergency?
• Can you recognize the signs of drowning?
• Do you have a first aid actuation plan on board?
• Is your crew trained to prevent and manage problems in the water?
• Do you know how to rescue a passive victim in the water and provide care?
• Do you know how to recognise and manage situations of distress and panic?
• How safely and effectively could you move a victim on board?
• What’s your estimated victim evacuation time?
If you answer “no” or “I don’t know” to any of these questions, we can help you to achieve a better First Aid response and improve your preparation.
Do you want to improve the First Aid service on your yacht?
The ‘When Seconds Count’ project has been created to prepare all the people that work on a yacht efficiently in an effort to reduce the casualties onboard and during outboard/water activities.
Learn how to face a first aid situation effectively, create a team response and improve the safety and the professional service offered on a luxury yacht.
The 2016 Super Yacht First Aid & Rescue Improvement campaign is starting. Don’t miss the opportunity to prepare your crew and improve the safety of your yacht!
We have dramatically reduced our prices for giving you the possibility of trying the unique first aid and rescue training tailor made for yachting.
Contact us and ask for a Safety Improvement Project, completely free of charge.
When Seconds Count
“One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now!” —Paulo Coelho